The more than 100 individual and joint projects of NRP 70 and NRP 71 have identified a large number of factors that influence the acceptance of new technologies as well as social and political changes. These can be grouped into six challenges:
- The legal framework
- Individual assessments of costs and benefits
- Personal values and individual living situations
- Social norms and daily routines
- The impact of information and the problems relating to its communication
- The possibilities and limits with respect to the influencing of change processes
These and other interesting topics as well as specific recommendations for action were presented and discussed at the NRP 70 and NRP 71 closing event on the topic of “Acceptance”.